A Brief Description
Endless sun-kissed beaches, towering mountain ranges, sublime desert dunes, subtropical beach forests, rolling vineyards and yellow savannah grasslands – South Africa is a rare find. South Africa is the only country in Africa lapped by both the warm Indian and cold Atlantic oceans. This phenomenon gives life to an astonishing variety of animals and ecosystems. The country’s sophisticated infrastructure, rich history of wildlife expertise and visionary conservation ethic co-exist with vibrant city life, making South Africa one of the most desirable travel destinations on earth.
Cape Town, the oldest city in South Africa was founded by the Dutch in 1652 and is also the most beautiful city in the country. Nestled under Table Mountain with broad boulevards, bustling markets and the now famous Victoria & Alfred Waterfront next to the Harbour. Situated between the Indian Ocean and the Atlantic Ocean it offers some of the most magnificent peninsulas and beaches in the world and the famous and magnificent wine route region is only a 40 minutes drive from the heart of Cape Town.
The best time to visit Cape Town is between November and March. December and January are very hot and coincide with local school holidays.
Getting to Cape Town
British Airways and South African Airways fly daily to Cape Town and the flight time is approximately 12 hours. Cape Town is 2 hours ahead of GMT.
Accommodation in Cape Town
Mount Nelson Hotel (5 star)
located in Oranjezicht, approximately 10 minutes drive from the Waterfront, the Mount Nelson has attracted members of royal families, international and local statesmen, celebrities and businessmen where they are assured of privacy, comfort and care. Facilities include two all-weather tennis courts, two swimming pools, fully-equipped gym, beauty salon and hair salon.
Table Bay Hotel (5 star)
One of the ‘Leading Hotels of the World’ & located on the Victoria & Alfred Waterfront area this beautiful hotel is surrounded by water on 3 sides and is adjacent to the main waterfront shopping mall. All the spacious luxury rooms have spectacular views of Table Mountain and the harbour or the Ocean and Robben Island. Facilities include swimming pool, with sun deck, health spa and gym, restaurants and pool terrace and cocktail bar.
Tours & Excursions
- Full day excursion to the Cape Winelands to visit some of the beautiful old wines estates with their classic Cape-Dutch style architecture, for a cellar tour and wine tasting. After lunch visit the historic town of Stellenbosch.
- Sundowner cruise departing from the Waterfront allowing guests to enjoy the wonderful scenery around South Africa’s coast
- Half day city tour to give guests an overview of the destination
- Full day excursion to Cape Point, travelling along the spectacular marine drive to Hout Bay, and through the Cape of Good Hope Nature Reserve to Cape Point to view the meeting of two oceans wonderful flora and fauna including penguins, ostrich, baboons, Picnic lunch on Cape Point before returning via the Botanical Gardens of Kirstenbosch.
- Visit to Table Mountain via cable car for a stunning view of the city, the harbour in Table Bay with its outline of white beaches, the mountains of the Cape Peninsula and Robben Island.
- Visit to Robben Island, where Nelson Mandela spent most of his prison days, via a chartered ferry.
- Visit to the Two Oceans Aquarium which houses over 3,000 live specimens from the Indian and Atlantic oceans, river ecosystems and tidal pools.
- Visit the Waterfront Craft Market, which is especially good for handcrafted leatherwork, jewellery, ceramics and clothing.
- Helicopter flights over Cape Town offering superb views
- Golf at a range of excellent, local golf courses
A Typical Trip
A typical five day incentive trip to Cape Town might include:
- Return scheduled flights from London Heathrow to Cape Town
- Luggage and guest transfers by deluxe air conditioned coach
- Welcome drink on arrival and hotel porterage
- 4 nights accommodation inclusive of breakfast
- 3 specially selected dinner locations
- Gala dinner at on the final evening
- Welcome pack in guests’ rooms including useful information and map
- A half day city tour to give guests an overview of the destination
- A full day excursion including lunch on location
- Souvenir gift for each guest
- Event Manager to ensure the smooth running of the event