A Brief Description
The glorious island of Mauritius lies just north of the tropic of Capricorn in the warm Indian Ocean. Soft white beaches, shimmering azure waters, rolling fields of green sugar cane and endless coral reefs make up this paradise. Mauritius is a kaleidoscope of colour, from the hibiscus flowers to the brilliant hues of bustling street markets, to the fascinating blend of cultures which combine to create the islands’ incredibly relaxed people: French, British, Indian, Chinese and Creole. The island is an ideal choice for exclusive incentives with its natural beauty, high standard of accommodation, and superb cuisine.
The climate is pleasant and the heat is not unbearable. At the centre of the island at an altitude of about 600 metres, the average temperature is 20oC in August and 26oC in February and the minimum temperature at sunrise is about 14oC in August and 20oC in February. At sea level, temperatures are approximately 3o-5oC higher. The west and the north are normally hotter and have less rain than the south. The sun rises at 5.30am to 7.00pm in summer (November to April) and from 6.45am to 5.50pm in winter (May to October).
Getting to Mauritius
The flying time to Mauritius Plaisance Airport from London is approximately 12 hours. Mauritius is served by a number of international airlines such as Air France, Air Mauritius, Air Seychelles, British Airways, Condor, Singapore Airlines and South African Airlines. Mauritius is 4 hours ahead of GMT.
Accommodation in Mauritius
Le Saint Geran
Frequently featuring on the world’s best hotels list. Perfectly situated on a private peninsula of soft white sand, it has luxury accommodation, superb cuisine, an intimate casino, a complete range of land and water sports including a nine hole Gary Player designed golf course.
Le Tousserok Hotel
Proudly occupying a spectacular site on the island, the hotel is a testament to understated luxury. A short ride away is the beautiful Ile aux Cerfs, offering two restaurants, two bars and a boathouse with almost every watersport imaginable. The airport is approx. 55 minutes transfer time.
Sugar Beach Resort
Located on the sunset side of Mauritius, on the longest white sand beach on the island, this luxury resort combines a fascinating blend of colonial architecture, great romantic ambience, gracious lifestyle, excellent recreational facilities and superb service. The airport is 40 km or approx. 40 minutes transfer time.
Tours & Excursions
- Fun Island Rally – the perfect way to explore Mauritius while having fun in 4x4 jeeps collecting clues on the way from a variety of venues.
- Range of sports including golf and watersports.
- Helicopter flights – Mauritius from the air is spectacular; a patchwork of sugar cane, mountains, hidden valleys and dazzling white beaches.
- Half day tour of Mauritius which combines exploring Pamplemousses Royal Botanical Gardens with its rare indigenous plants and colony of giant tortoises and the capital, Port Louis. There are panoramic views over the harbour and plenty of time for shopping in the bustling market.
- Half day visit to the boutiques in Floreal and Curepipe. Mauritius is one of the largest textile exporters in the world supplying clothes for major international chains as well as for designer labels.
- Undersea Adventure – guests are taken out by boat, kitted up with air-filled helmets and weights and then let loose to explore the ocean floor on foot.
- Deep Sea Fishing – host to the international Marlin World Cup Competition, Mauritius offers some of the best big game fishing in the world.
- Full day exploring Southern Mauritius including Trou aux Cerfs, the crater of an extinct volcano, a diamond boutique at Floreal, shopping in Curepipe, the sacred lake of Grand Bassin and the waterfalls at Chamarel.
- Sailing Magic – a full day sailing by catamaran through the turquoise waters off the west coast with time for swimming and snorkeling.
A Typical Trip
A typical five day incentive trip to Mauritius might include:
- Return scheduled flights from London Heathrow to Mauritius
- Luggage and guest transfers by deluxe air conditioned coach
- Welcome drink on arrival and hotel porterage
- 4 nights accommodation inclusive of breakfast
- Specially selected dinner location on the first evening
- Gala dinner at a specially selected location on the final evening
- Welcome pack in guests’ rooms including useful information and map
- A half day city tour to give guests an overview of the destination
- A full day excursion including lunch on location
- Souvenir gift for each guest
- Event Manager to ensure the smooth running of the event