A Brief Description
Morocco is a land of hospitality and warmth where traditions and habits sparkle with colour and diversity. A crossroads throughout the ages, it has been inhabited by the Berbers, Phoenicians, Visigoths, Byzantines, Romans, Ethiopians, Arabs, Portuguese, Spanish and French. This diversity has created an enchanting land where many civilizations have blended to create an even richer culture today.
Situated in North Africa, just south of Spain, Morocco is bordered by the Atlantic Ocean and the Mediterranean Sea. With its charming people, intriguing history and ideal location, Morocco is a hidden treasure waiting to be discovered. Visit beautifully preserved Roman ruins, play golf and tennis in the oasis of Marrakech, go camel trekking or four-wheel driving on the great sand dunes of the Sahara Desert, ski on the snowcapped Atlas Mountains, or sunbathe on the beaches on the Atlantic Ocean.
The climate varies according to its regions. The coast is very mild in the summer and is humid in the winter with an average temperature from 16°C to 26 °C. Inland is much warmer and during the summer has average temperatures of up to 38°C in July and August. The most rain falls in the months of November to December and March to April but even then is only around 3cms.
Getting to Morocco
British Airways fly direct to from London Heathrow to Casablanca and flight time is 3 hours and 25 minutes.
Accommodation in Morocco
A beautiful and secular city flanked by the beautiful High Atlas Mountains with their snow covered peaks on one side and on the other by the desert that stretches to the coast. It offers extensive sightseeing opportunities together with a superb mix of cuisine and a wide variety of evening entertainment.
The economical capital of the kingdom and has an energy and beauty with its imposing buildings, large avenues and huge commercial centres.
Lies on a beach of 10km of fine, golden sand set between green, perfumed eucalyptus, pines, tamaris and the blue of a clear sea. This friendly resort offers many activities such as golf, sailing, tennis and horse riding and boasts a fantastic night life.
Tours & Excursions
- Gardens & Panoramic Tour of Marrakech. Travelling in Caleches, or horse drawn vehicles, this tour takes in the Menara Gardens, the Majorelle's Botanical Gardens, plus the city centre.
- Half day walking discovery of the Medina, the Souks and ending at Djemaa El Fna Square, a popular entertainment area where storytellers, snake-charmers, tooth-drawers and dancers entertain the crowd in a scene that is pure street theatre.
- Coach tour of the Ramparts and Menara's & Majorelle's Gardens. The Menara is a vast olive-trees garden, which surrounds an ornamental lake with an elegant small pavilion. The Majorelle's Botanical Gardens, which belong to Yves St Laurent, host a large variety of trees, plants and flowers from different countries of the world.
- The Tiferouine Kasbah – a full day tour in the countryside, at the foot of Atlas mountains, visiting Holy village of Moulay Brahim, the Kick plateau with a beautiful panorama on the Atlas mountain range and the Lalla Takerkoust dam.
- Sporting opportunities include camel riding, four-wheel driving in the desert, go-karting, golf, tennis, water sports and water, sand and snow skiing.
A Typical Trip
A typical three day incentive trip to Morocco might include:
- Return scheduled flights from London Heathrow to Casablanca
- Luggage and guest transfers by deluxe air conditioned coach
- Welcome drink on arrival and hotel porterage
- 2 nights accommodation inclusive of breakfast
- Specially selected dinner location on the first evening
- Gala dinner at a specially selected location on the final evening
- Welcome pack in guests’ rooms including useful information and map
- A half day city tour to give guests an overview of the destination
- A full day excursion including lunch on location
- Souvenir gift for each guest
- Event Manager to ensure the smooth running of the event