A Brief Description
Rich, native American culture, chiseled canyons, ponderosa pine forests, white water rafting, skiing, fiery sunsets, chili-based southwest cuisine and acres of Cowboy country take a lot of beating. There is year round good weather in southern Arizona (Tuscon, Phoenix and Scottsdale) with 320 days of sunshine, a clear atmosphere and clean air. High standards of accommodation, combined with amazing natural wonders and friendly southwest hospitality, is clearly a potent mixture that continues to make Arizona a popular incentive & group destination. Scottsdale, the upmarket residential and shopping district is 25 minutes from Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport and adjacent to Phoenix itself. The two counties form the 160 square mile Valley of the Sun, a bigger land mass than Los Angeles.
Getting to Arizona
The outbound flying time to Arizona’s main airport in Phoenix from London is approximately 10½ hours, with a longer return journey. All the major US carriers serve Phoenix, as they do Tucson airport, plus BA fly daily from London Gatwick. Arizona is 7 hours ahead of GMT.
Tours & Excursions
- Grand Canyon Experience – experience limitless panoramic views of the growing Valley of the Sun, soaring over mountainous desert terrain and the wide expanse of the Grand Canyon.
- Jeep Safari to the Sonoran Desert – get away from civilization and see how the real West looks, sounds and smells. Your Tour includes several hours of off-road driving in an open-air vehicle through the rugged desert terrain.
- Hot Air Ballooning – gliding gracefully over the spectacular, rugged landscape of the Sonoran Desert.
- Golf – dependable sunshine and warm year round temperatures make this an inviting option in every season.
- Cattle Drive – the cattle drive begins in the beautiful desert just outside Phoenix where a friendly cattle horse awaits you. City Slickers can pitch in as much as they like as they head out into the Ole’ Wild West!
- River Kayaking – a relaxing, scenic float offers warm winter sunshine and cool summer fun. Abundant wildlife, a potpourri of desert colours, informative and experienced river guides all add up to a memorable tour.
- Arabian Horse Ranch Tour – this fascinating tour covers the history, background and breeding of these elegant creatures and a behind the scenes look at one of Scottsdale’s most exclusive industries.
- Rock Climbing – try the famous Praying Monk rock formation and other classic climbs offering first-time rock climbers an exhilarating experience.
A Typical Trip
A typical five day incentive trip to Arizona might include:
- Return scheduled flights from London Heathrow to Arizona
- Luggage and guest transfers by deluxe air conditioned coach
- Welcome drink on arrival and hotel porterage
- 4 nights accommodation inclusive of breakfast
- Specially selected dinner location on the first evening
- Gala dinner at a specially selected location on the final evening
- Welcome pack in guests’ rooms including useful information and map
- A half day city tour to give guests an overview of the destination
- A full day excursion including lunch on location
- Souvenir gift for each guest
- Event Manager to ensure the smooth running of the event