A Brief Description
No place else is quite like New York. Simply stated, there is more of the best to delight and entertain than anywhere else in the world: 150 world class museums, 18,000 restaurants of all types and price ranges, 37 Broadway theatres, a revitalized Times Square and Grand Central Terminal and an unbelievable array of shopping.
No other city has such a diversity of people and cultures. You can march to a reggae beat on your way to hear a German opera, order Japanese sushi for lunch and hearty Brazilian feijoada for dinner or go from a room full of Dutch Old Master paintings into one filled with cutting-edge fashion. Welcome to New York, where the only limit is your imagination.
First-time visitors to New York cannot see and do everything but they can get a wonderful introduction to the sights, visit famous attractions and make notes for a return visit.
The best months to visit New York are May, June and September or during December for Christmas shopping. During the summer heat waves are common with temperatures staying over 37°C for several days. Rainfall is moderate throughout the year and snow is expected December through to March.
Getting to New York
A number of airlines fly direct from London Heathrow to New York J F Kennedy including British Airways, Virgin Atlantic Airways, American Airlines and United Airlines offering a large number of options. Flight time is approximately 7 hours and 40 minutes and the transfer from the airport to the City is approximately 45 minutes. New York is 5 hours behind GMT.
Accommodation in New York
The Waldorf Astoria (5 star deluxe)
The Waldorf Astoria is located in midtown at Park Avenue and 50th Street and occupies the entire city block. This Art Deco treasure offers a privileged environment of eminent elegance, replete with unparalleled luxury and impeccable service. Facilities include a choice of 7 restaurants, business centre and fitness centre.
W New York (5 star)
W New York is located in the heart of New York City and offers savvy travellers refuge in a hectic world. Inspired by nature and dedicated to service, W New York is a magical place where your every whim is within reach. Facilities include a choice of restaurants and bars, health and fitness centre.
Tours & Excursions
- Half day city tour including the United Nations and the Rockefeller Centre, theatre district, Macy's, Chinatown and Little Italy with lunch at the South Street Seaport, Manhattan’s restored 18th century waterfront district.
- See a show on Broadway from a choice including Lion King, Phantom of the Opera, 42nd Street, Chicago, Les Miserables or Mamma Mia.
- Dine on the luxurious restaurant boat, the World Yacht, while enjoying a magnificent cruise around New York Harbour, watching the sun set behind the Statue of Liberty and the millions of city lights twinkling on the skyline.
- Helicopter flight over the East River for a grand view of Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn and Williamsburg Bridge. Sights included the United Nations Headquarters, the Empire State Building, Chrysler and Pan Am buildings.
- Ride to the 86th floor observatory of the Empire State Building which offers spectacular day or night time views for arrange a ‘King Kong’ tour with a Champagne reception, souvenir photographs and 'King Kong'.
- Witness a theatrical live Gospel service in Harlem followed by a traditional ‘soul’ lunch at the famous Sylvia’s.
- Visit Greenwich with its narrow winding streets and historical townhouses and on to SoHo with its vibrant lure and its avant garde galleries and boutiques with plenty of time for shopping.
- See a New York Yankees baseball home match in the Yankee Stadium.
- Visit the Statue of Liberty and the Ellis Island Immigration Museum nearby which conveys the experiences of the ancestors of nearly 1 in 4 Americans.
A Typical Trip
A typical four day incentive trip to New York might include:
- Return scheduled flights from London Heathrow to New York
- Luggage and guest transfers by deluxe air conditioned coach
- Welcome drink on arrival and hotel porterage
- 3 nights accommodation inclusive of breakfast
- Specially selected dinner location on the first evening
- Gala dinner at a specially selected location on the final evening
- Welcome pack in guests’ rooms including useful information and map
- A half day city tour to give guests an overview of the destination
- A full day excursion including lunch on location
- Souvenir gift for each guest
- Event Manager to ensure the smooth running of the event