A Brief Description
A multitude of adjectives spring to mind when searching for words to describe St Lucia; an exotic lush island with much to offer those who wish to interject lazy beach days with a little exploration. With some of the most overwhelmingly beautiful scenery to be found anywhere in the world, amongst the natural beauty of its splendid forests and soaring peaks are ancient fortresses, gem-like fishing villages, and gracious town squares, places waiting like buried treasure to be discovered by newcomers.
A teardrop shaped island approximately 27 miles long by 14 miles wide, St Lucia has an incredibly chequered history, changing hands more than a dozen times. A member of the British Commonwealth, the island’s official language is English. Its most spoken language, however, is a legacy of its past – an almost impenetrable French patois.
Saint Lucia’s climate is mild, with almost constant northeast trade winds. The temperature ranges from 65-85ºF from December to May and 75-95ºF from June to November. June to November is the rainy season.
Getting to Saint Lucia
British Airways, BWIA West Indies Airways and Virgin Atlantic all fly direct to St Lucia. The flight takes approximately 8 ½ hours and St Lucia is 4 hours behind GMT.
Accommodation in Saint Lucia
Royal St Lucian Hotel (5 star)
Nestling in magnificent gardens, overlooking the sweeping golden sands of Reduit Beach this elegant hotel provides the perfect location. Facilities include swimming pool, a choice of restaurants and bars, health spa, windsurfing, sailing, water-skiing and tennis.
Tours & Excursions
- Jeep Rally following clues which take the guests participants through areas of lush green vegetation, banana plantations and to some of the most spectacular scenery in St Lucia, discovering areas off the beaten track.
- Sunset Cruise along the west coast offering a wonderful climax to a any day and the start of an exciting evening.
- Catamaran Sailing Day Sail along the picturesque western coast of the island onto Soufriere to visit the famous drive-in Volcano/Sulphur Springs, the beautiful Botanical Gardens and the Diamond Falls and Mineral Bath.
- Deep sea fishing for Tuna, Barracuda and Marlin
- Half day shopping extravaganza to Castries, including a visit to the vivacious market, Caribelle Batik to watch artisans produce vivid fabrics and prints and the Duty Free Point Seraphine Shopping Centre.
- Helicopter flight over the majestic Atlantic coast and tranquil Caribbean water to get a stunning bird’s eye view of this tropical paradise.
- Rainforest Trek in 4x4 land rovers visiting the mystical interior of the island, stopping for a swim in a refreshing pool of a forest waterfall.
- Safari Drive starting in Cap Estate and crossing the rough country tracks, open fields and sandy beaches to Cactus Valley with breathtaking panoramic views of Donkey Beach and the wind swept Atlantic Ocean and continuing on to Cas En Bas for a swim in the warm Atlantic waters.
- Horse riding along coast line and on to the beaches for a swim
A Typical Trip
A typical five day incentive trip to Saint Lucia might include:
- Return scheduled flights from London Heathrow to St Lucia
- Luggage and guest transfers by deluxe air conditioned coach
- Welcome drink on arrival and hotel porterage
- 4 nights accommodation inclusive of breakfast
- Specially selected dinner location on the first evening
- Gala dinner at a specially selected location on the final evening
- Welcome pack in guests’ rooms including useful information and map
- A half day city tour to give guests an overview of the destination
- A full day excursion including lunch on location
- Souvenir gift for each guest
- Event Manager to ensure the smooth running of the event