A Brief Description
A one thousand year history written by ambitious kings, inspirational artists and celebrated designers awaits you in the medieval streets, 17th-Century canals and modernist architecture of Copenhagen.
From its origin as a humble fishing village, to its heyday as the glittering capital of the Danish Empire, to its current position as one of the world’s premier design capitals and Scandinavia’s pre-eminent city, the stories and characters of Copenhagen’s history are there to be discovered in its sumptuous palaces, copper-roofed town houses and atmospheric cobbled squares.
Though Copenhagen never stands still, it always has time to appreciate its past. With a past as rich and fascinating as this, that’s hardly a surprise.
Getting to Copenhagen
British Airways, British Midland and Scandinavian Airlines fly direct from London Heathrow to Copenhagen daily and the flight time is approximately 1 hour 50 minutes. There are also direct flights from Manchester, Birmingham, Edinburgh and Glasgow.
Tours & Excursions
- Half Day City Tour which includes all the main sights including the Tivoli Gardens, the Town Hall Square, the National Museum, the Christiansborg Palace, the Royal Stock Exchange, Kongens Nytorv, the Amalienborg Palace, the Gefion Fountain, the Little Mermaid, and Rosenborg Castle.
- Canal Cruise and Harbour Tour giving the opportunity of seeing Copenhagen from the “other side”.
- Royal Tour of Copenhagen which includes the Christiansborg Palace, the Amalienborg Castle, the Royal winter residence, and Rosenborg Castle, home of the Crown Regalia and the Queens Jewels.
- Fine Arts Tour to visit the Glyptotek with its selection of 19th & 20th century artists and sculptures, the Thorvaldsens Museum with its collection of powerful sculptures and the National Gallery.
- Visit to the Carlsberg Museum where guests explore the fascinating world of beer. Located in the old brewery the tour ends with guests being invited to taste a few of the beers that made Carlsberg world famous!
- Visit to the Royal Scandinavia Porcelain Factory established more than 200 years ago to visit the workshops and see how the products are hand-decorated as well as visiting the factory museum and shop.
A Typical Trip
A typical three day incentive trip to Copenhagen might include:
- Return scheduled flights from London Heathrow to Copenhagen
- Luggage and guest transfers by deluxe air conditioned coach
- Welcome drink on arrival and hotel porterage
- 2 nights accommodation inclusive of breakfast
- Specially selected dinner location on the first evening
- Gala dinner at a specially selected location on the final evening
- Welcome pack in guests’ rooms including useful information and map
- A half day city tour to give guests an overview of the destination
- A full day excursion including lunch on location
- Souvenir gift for each guest
- Event Manager to ensure the smooth running of the event