A Brief Description
They eye each other sleepily across the seductive blue sweep of the Bosphorus: one country – two continents. As different as night and day, the only thing they have in common is the miraculous mirage that is Istanbul – a hotchpotch skyline of sensually shaped mosques and minaret scattered across seven hills.
Istanbul, the real Turkish Delight, is a mixture of old and new, where East meets West. An exciting combination, containing the splendors of the Ottoman past together with all the modern amenities of a wide variety of International deluxe 5-star hotels. The commercial and business centre of Turkey, Istanbul, embraces the two continents of Europe and Asia. This ancient city’s unparalleled combination of historical sights, endless opportunities for entertainment and state-of-the-art conference facilities makes it the ideal incentive destination.
Istanbul enjoys four seasons with hot, dry Summers and pleasantly warm Spring and Autumn. Winters are cold but snow is rare.
Getting to Istanbul
British Airways flight direct to Ataturk Airport, Istanbul from London Heathrow daily. Flying time is 3 hours 55 minutes.
Tours & Excursions
- Half Day City Tour - to include Hippodrome Square, the Blue Mosque and Archeological Museum.
- Visit to the prize-winning Akmerkez Shopping Mall housing some of Istanbul’s most elegant shops including Beymen and Vakko which carry fashionable clothing, leather, costume jewelry and elegant furniture.
- Visit to the Naval and Military Museums to see an extensive and interesting collection of exhibits form all periods of Ottoman Military history.
- Visit to the Underground Cistern - built in the 6th Century it is the largest of the Byzantine cisterns. A fascinating construction with 336 columns, most with Corinthian capitals, linked by vaults.
- Visit to the Topkapi Palace the second residence of the Ottoman Sultans. Construction began in 1475 and, with each new Sultan adding his own sections, was completed in 1850. Restored and turned into a Museum it now houses a breath-taking collection of priceless treasures.
- Experience a relaxing and rejuvenating Turkish Bath, an important part of the Turkish culture which purifies the soul as well as the body.
- Visit to the Spice Bazaar where all kinds of spice and herbs fill the atmosphere with their aroma; also delicatessen and coffee and nuts counters offer the best quality and a choice of different tastes.
- Visit the Kemer Country Club, approximately 30km outside of Istanbul. It has 3 tennis courts, a fitness centre, a 9 hole golf course and horse riding.
A Typical Trip
A typical three day incentive trip to Istanbul might include:
- Return scheduled flights from London Heathrow to Istanbul
- Luggage and guest transfers by deluxe air conditioned coach
- Welcome drink on arrival and hotel porterage
- 2 nights accommodation inclusive of breakfast
- Specially selected dinner location on the first evening
- Gala dinner at a specially selected location on the final evening
- Welcome pack in guests’ rooms including useful information and map
- A half day city tour to give guests an overview of the destination
- A full day excursion including lunch on location
- Souvenir gift for each guest
- Event Manager to ensure the smooth running of the event