A Brief Description
… And from Madrid straight to heaven…
Vitality and character that will soon have you hooked.
This is Spain’s headiest city, where the revealing lasts long into the night and life is seized with the teeth and both hands. Strangers quickly become friends, passion blooms in an instant, and visitors are swiftly addicted to the city’s charms.
With a triad of truly great art museums that includes the world known Prado Museum, and buildings like the King’s Palace that span the centuries, plus lively plazas, mighty boulevards and neighbourhoods brimming with character, Madrid has plenty of sights to keep the eyes, ears and mind occupied.
Getting to Madrid
British Airways and Iberia fly direct from London Heathrow to Madrid daily and the flight time is approximately 2 hours and 20 minutes. There are also direct flights from Manchester and Birmingham. The transfer from Madrid airport to the city centre is approximately 30 minutes and Madrid is 2 hours ahead of GMT.
Accommodation in Madrid
The Westin Palace Hotel (5 star)
Located in the heart of the city, the Palace Hotel is a monument to elegance, combining turn-of-the-century grandeur with the thoughtful new amenities of a modern, world-class hotel. After a meticulous renovation, The Westin Palace Hotel has been restored to its original splendour, offering luxurious rooms in traditional style. Facilities include fitness and health club.
Hesperia Madrid (5 star)
This contemporary hotel has recently been completely refurbished with the interior designed by, Pascua Ortega. Located on the Paseo De La Castellana, the most elegant boulevard in the centre of Madrid it is within walking distance of the historical sights . It offers 171 rooms some of which Rooms at the Hesperia Madrid are equipped with air-conditioning, room service, radio, direct-dial telephone, key card, hairdryer, minibar, ironing board, satellite TV, and in-room safe. Some rooms are also equipped with a balcony, fax, jacuzzi, and VCR.
Hotel de las Letras (4 star)
Hotel De Las Letras Madrid,Built in 1917 and declared part of the Heritage of the Community of Madrid,
Hotel De Las Letras Madrid aims to be a focal point for the world of culture, literature and the Arts.
The totally refurbished building offers 103 exclusive rooms on six floors, designed in contemporary style, using original colours (ochre, burgundy, orange…) and decorated with motifs related to the world of art and literature. Hotel De Las Letras Madrid features an exquisite combination of the building's original glazed tiles, canopies, original stone sculptures, an old elevator and a noble staircase coupled with the latest in interior design. The building is crowned by a terrace in the penthouse offering spectacular views across the rooftops of Madrid.
The restaurant is another of the highlights of the Hotel De Las Letras Madrid; located on the ground floor with access both from the hotel and the street is the ideal place to have a drink, watch and be watched, relax and enjoy a young, fresh and simple atmosphere. Among other services which are offered for optimum client there is a comfortable and relaxing SPA area, which includes a Jacuzzi, hamman, sauna, massage rooms and a cardio room.
Hotel Vincci Capitol (4 star)
In the heart of Madrid: the Hotel Vincci Capitol, located right on the Gran Vía and Plaza Callao. It is a building symbolic of Madrid’s “Art Deco” civil architecture.
The hotel has 123 standard rooms, 13 superior rooms and 2 Junior Suites. The rooms all have air-conditioning, mini bar, direct-line phone, individual safe, ADSL Internet Connection (Wi-Fi in cafeteria), pillow menu and a complete kit of products to offer you a warm welcome, among other comforts.
Vincci 66 (4 star)
The latest addition to the Vincci collection will open its doors in the heart of the Capital, situated between Plaza España and the Puerta Del Sol with a privileged location neighbouring the well renowned Gran Via Theatre which offers a variety of international music and dance acts throughout the year.
The four star Vincci Via 66 offers a contemporary design that will surprise even the most demanding eye, with its’ unique twist of theatrical splendour entwined with distinctive design features ensuring that you enjoy Madrid and all its delights from the moment you step inside.
Tours & Excursions
- Half-day sightseeing tour of the City.
- Shopping tour of Madrid visiting the two main shopping areas, the centre where the principal shopping streets are and the more elegant and naturally more expensive Salamanca district.
- Visit to the Prada Museum one of the most important art galleries in the World, housed in a splendid 18th century building with examples of Spanish, Italian, Flemish, Dutch and English painting from the 12th to 18th centuries.
- Visit to the Royal Palace, which is magnificently furnished and includes one of the most important tapestry collections in the world, the Throne Room, the Porcelain Rooms, The Carlos III Room, the Salon of the Mirrors, the Carriage collection, the Pharmacy Museum, the Library and the Armoury Museum.
- Visit to Toledo, the capital of Spain until. The visit includes the Cathedral, Santo Tome church, San Juan de la Cruz & the Synagogue.
- Visit to the Medieval town of Chinchon.
- Karting and 4x4 jeep driving at the Jarama Circuit
- Visit to the Escorial Monastery once considered the 8th Wonder of the World.
- Dinner at Scala Meliá Castilla, an excellent international cabaret style variety show similar in style to the Paris Lido but which has a distinctive Spanish flavour and includes a wonderful performance of various Flamenco dances. After the show the stage is lowered to become a dance floor.
Evening Activity: Shake it up! Cocktail Workshop @ Hard Rock Madrid (2hrs)
The staff of the Hard Rock Madrid will give you some lessons on how to prepare a great cocktail.
Enjoy it and taste several cocktails.
While enjoying the activity, there will be some appetizers and open bar for all the participants.
Daytime Activity: Estadio Bernabeu
The visit includes a panoramic view of the Stadium from the main stand which comes off the museum, entrance into the Presidential box and changing rooms and entrance to the player's tunnel, benches and coaching area.
You can also go on the playing area, visit the trophy exhibition and do some shopping at the official store on your way out. Access is restricted to some areas if you visit on a match day.
Wine Activity: Mysteries of Wine + Beer tasting
It is the first wine experience centre in the heart of Madrid, surrounded by the most typical places in a wine cultural environment.
In this centre the wine culture goes along with fun, as the seriousness and technicality of all wine terminology is simplified.
It is possible to conduct guided tours to the space that is equipped with state of the art audiovisual equipment, and where it is possible to see all stages of the wine production in a fun way.
The visitor will be invited to try the world’s first wine simulator, the virtual press or the wine scent game.
In the lower floor the wine cellar is a place to learn all about wine though the senses.
An interactive tour where you will discover how to harvest and gather the vine, have fun "treading grapes" and competing to see who fills the barrels before, riding in a vintage car, which they will experience the sensation of movement, the stroke of grapes throughout the process, truly unforgettable.
All kinds of wine tasting can be organized as well as classes. On this occasion for this group we suggest a beer tasting!
A casual tasting will usually include a variety of styles with the beers tasted in "spectral" order, lightest to darkest, comparing beers of like type and character. A professional tasting evaluates one style of beer with up to 3/4 different examples within that style.
A Typical Trip
A typical three day incentive trip to Madrid might include:
- Return scheduled flights from London Heathrow to Madrid
- Luggage and guest transfers by deluxe air conditioned coach
- Welcome drink on arrival and hotel porterage
- 2 nights accommodation inclusive of breakfast
- Specially selected dinner location on the first evening
- Gala dinner at a specially selected location on the final evening
- Welcome pack in guests’ rooms including useful information and map
- A half day city tour to give guests an overview of the destination
- A full day excursion including lunch on location
- Souvenir gift for each guest
- Event Manager to ensure the smooth running of the event