A Brief Description
Rome is a fantastic City to visit full of history, art and culture, from Roman times to the present day. There is so much history and such variety that it would be impossible to mention all of it here but famous sights include the Coliseum, a masterpiece of classical architecture, the Forum, once the political and commercial centre of ancient Rome, St. Peter Basilica, the largest church in the world located in the Vatican City, the Vatican Museums & Sistine Chapel, the Pantheon, a spectacular temple built in 27BC and the world famous Spanish Steps and Trevi Fountain.
However, Rome has several different personalities: ancient Rome’s with its incredible ruins, religious Rome with it’s beautiful churches and modern Rome with its fashionable boutiques and countless street cafés which ensures you need go no further on your free leisure day than the city itself!
Rome is renowned for its choice of restaurants, which offer a wide variety serving both traditional Italian cuisine together with International dishes. Vegetarians are also well catered for with the traditional pasta style dishes.
Getting to Rome
Alitalia and British Airways fly direct from London Heathrow to Rome and flying time is about 2½ hours. British Airways also fly direct from Birmingham and Manchester. Rome is one hour ahead of GMT
Accommodation in Rome
Located in the city centre on Via Veneto within walking distance to Villa Borghese Gardens and the Trevi Fountain. The interior of this grand hotel is sumptuous, elegant to a fault and efficient in both design and service. Marble tile and Oriental rugs dominate the public areas and the bedrooms have it all style and luxurious comfort.
Situated in a 15-acre private park this 5-Star deluxe hotel is located just 10 minutes away from the Vatican. Facilities include a tennis court, indoor and outdoor swimming pools, jogging trail and private heliport.
Hotel Dei Mellini
Superbly located on the right bank of the Tiber, between the Spanish Steps and St Peter’s Basilica, this superior 4 star hotel, is an ideal starting point to discover the beautiful sites of Rome.
Tours & Excursions
- Half day City tour starting in the elegant Piazza Navona and visiting the 1900 year old Pantheon with its Dome which inspired Michelangelo and Raffaello, the Castle St Angelo, Hadrian’s Tomb and St Peter’s Square.
- Half day Imperial Tour journeying into ancient times visiting the Roman Forum, the Trajan Market, the Coliseum and the Arches of Constantine and Titus. Continue past the Imperial Palaces, the Circus Maximus, the Church of St Peter in Chains and ending at the Trevi Fountain.
- Vatican Museum and Sistine Chapel. The Vatican City is the world’s smallest sovereign state with one of the richest art collections in the world gathered by Popes throughout the centuries. Visit the Candelabra Gallery, the Tapestry Gallery, the Geographical Map Gallery and the world renowned Sistine Chapel built in 1473 as a private chapel for the Popes.
- Private Visit to the Vatican Museum and Sistine Chapel. By special arrangement the chapel can be reserved for a private visit. A walk through the empty museum to appreciate the priceless works of art in silence makes this an unforgettable experience.
- Catacombs, St Paul’s Basilica and the Old Appian Way. This unusual tour visits the lesser known sights of Rome including Tiber Island, the Jewish Synagogue, Aventine Hill, the pyramid-tomb of Caius Cestius, Keats’ tomb and the charming cloisters of St Paul’s Basilica. Continue to the Catacombs, a maze of underground tunnels where early Christians practiced their religious rites dead in secret. It returns along a section of the Old Appian Way, one of the first ancient Roman military roads.
A Typical Trip
A typical three day incentive trip to Rome might include:
- Return scheduled flights from London Heathrow to Rome
- Luggage and guest transfers by deluxe air conditioned coach
- Welcome drink on arrival and hotel porterage
- 2 nights accommodation in double rooms inclusive of breakfast
- Specially selected dinner location on the first evening
- Gala dinner at a specially selected location on the final evening
- Welcome pack in guests’ rooms including useful information and map
- A half day city tour to give guests an overview of the destination
- A full day excursion including lunch on location
- Souvenir gift for each guest
- Event Manager to ensure the smooth running of the event