Incentive travel is a great way to motivate employees, whether they need an extra push to hit sales targets, a ‘well done’ for outstanding work or just a little bonding time with new team members, there is literally a whole world of choice out there.
This week we’re looking at Bali; an island and province of Indonesia. Best known for it’s chill-out atmosphere, stunning beaches and colourful seasonal ceremonies, there is soon to be a new ‘must-see’ resort as Ritz Carlton opens a beautiful oceanfront property.
Built on a sprawling site of over 12 hectares with white sandy beaches and elevated clifftop settings, the resort will boast 313 oceanfront suites and villas amongst it’s lush gardens plus 6 restaurants, 2 bars and a whole host of event spaces when it opens in December 2014.
Things to do (with groups)
- Visit Uluwatu Temple, one of the six great temples that guard the island, watch a traditional Kecak dance show with a spectacular sunset backdrop.
- Create your own perfume at the fragrance lab on site at the Ritz Carlton Bali hotel.
- Cruise the Indian Ocean – for group trips where partners are invited, a romantic champagne cruise can be offered too.
- Visit a sustainable cocoa farm and end the day with a chocolate making workshop
- Traditional Balinese activities such as a private healing or ‘Melukad’ (a blessing with water) can also be arranged for private groups.
- Join the Ritz Carlton chefs for a morning market tour in the village of Kedonganan, sample seafood fresh from the ocean and try your hand at cooking traditional Indonesian dishes.
- A day in the Ritz Carlton spa is also a must!
When to go. Bali experiences two yearly seasons of monsoon winds: the southeast monsoon, brings dry days from May to October and the northwest monsoon brings rain roughly from November to April (peaking around Jan/Feb)
Festivals. Galungan (meaning ‘when the Dharma is winning’) occurs every 210 days, the Balinese celebrate this as they believe the deified anecestors of the family descend to their former homes. Nyepi (or Silence Day) falls on Bali’s lunar new year (usually late March or early April) and is celebrated in complete silence.
Meetings at Ritz Carlton Bali
The hotel also has a range of meeting rooms, whether your trip includes a short breakfast meeting, a lavish gala dinner or a full conference programme you will be easily accommodated here. The ballroom seats up to 450 theatre style or 210 for a banquet plus 5 meeting rooms ranging from 50-72 theatre style or 40-60 banquet.
If you like the sound of this for your next event or incentive travel trip, then drop us a line via email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can personalise an itinerary for your company and your objectives.